Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 6 - Pasta & The Conclusion of P90X!

We are the champions, We are the champions...
It's true! I finished 90 days of P90X (lean program) yesterday! Let's see, I can now do 2 chin-ups and almost one pull-up, I can complete the entire Ab Ripper X video, and, most importantly, I proved to myself that I can finish something! :)

Yesterday we ate breakfast of toast and a hardboiled egg. Then for lunch and dinner we had pasta. Jon made a great sauce with fresh tomatoes and onions.

We also decided that we will only be doing a 9.5 day detox, not a full 2 weeks.  We decided this for a couple reasons:
1. We feel really good already! We are sleeping better, have more energy, and workouts are easier. For example, hot yoga this morning was not great after eating the pasta. But after a day of eating fruits and veggies, it's awesome!
2. We're going to New Orleans on Thursday, and it's the Saints home opening game that night, so it will literally be impossible to not drink beer during the game. Who Dat?!

For days 7, 8, and 9.5, we're going to continue abstaining from meat, processed foods, alcohol, and soda, have a limited amount of sugar and fat, but otherwise eat normally. I'm so excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment