Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 1

Yesterday was the first day of the detox, and I have to say that it was better than expected! Definitely not pleasant, since I was hungry all afternoon and evening, but it was okay. Except that I reminded Jon that this Saturday is the first day of college football season, and that would be the day where we can only eat rice... AND aren't supposed to be drinking. So we will see what happens on Saturday.

But back to day 1! I had some tomato juice for breakfast, and then I had carrots as a mid-morning snack. For lunch, I had carrot juice and spinach with lemon as a "salad dressing". (This is what Jon had too, since I made him his lunch.)  Then for dinner, we had spaghetti squash with tomatoes and green onions, steamed broccoli and squash, and sweet potatoes. I think I might have fudged it a bit on the sweet potatoes, because I baked them, but everything else was legit!  However, the spaghetti squash without olive oil was disgusting, so we added some Crystal sauce to that. Also, not sure if that is within the rules, but it's just cayenne pepper, vinegar, and salt, so I think it's okay.  So we made it through, but it wasn't easy.

I think tomorrow will be better since we can eat fruit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment